ADVANCED DOULA TRAINING COURSE WITH CONSCIOUS BIRTHING
Our Advanced Training Course is open to those of you who have already attended a Doula Course. This Course runs for 3 days.
This Course costs £300, or £350 in Ibiza, to include lunch every day.
Please see our page http://www.doulatraining.co.uk/doula-training-course-dates-venues to book your place.
Our three day advanced training includes:
- De-briefing and troubleshooting...an opportunity to share how your Doula Practice is going, if you've started, de-briefing any births attended and looking at what might be blocking you from finding clients to work with.
- Stages of pregnancy...the three trimesters, what can come up and connecting with your clients in those various stages. Using the elements for support.
- Preparing for birth in pregnancy for women and couples. What are the most important topics to cover?
- Working with survivors of abuse. Looking at models, triggers, signposting and support.
- Looking at previous Birth traumas, miscarriages and terminations, and ways in which these different issues might affect a subsequent pregnancy and birth.
- Exploring Bellycasting, with a demonstration whenever possible.
- Using Birth Art..exploring the use of this medium for our clients and for our own de-briefing. (You will not be expected to share or show any painting work carried out on this Course)!
- Bellydancing for labour, with an opportunity to have a go!
- Supporting women in Vaginal Birth after Caesarean (VBAC) and some holistic approaches.
- Working with figures in 'authority'. An opportunity for some gentle self-enquiry around this issue and support in 'finding your voice in the birth room'.
- Exploring the Rebozo technique, with time to practice within the group.
- Shoring up your relationship...working with couples in preparation for what parenthood brings.
- Herbs for pregnancy and early postnatal days. Creating a wonderfully healing herbal bath remedy for that first postnatal soak and either learning to make a perineum spray or a placenta tea.